Karla says at RevGals: Playing Friday Five was my entree into the World of RevGals. I remember the first time I played, I felt so welcomed by everyone’s comments. That was in 2007. And even though most of my blogging is through writing prayers for the RGBP blog, I can’t imagine my life or my ministry without this community. I am so, so, so grateful.
So, since I am all weepy and happy thinking about this organization, I offer you this Random Friday Five:
1. What are you wearing right now? (a question from my first FF play.) I am wearing jeans, an olive-green top with bronze-colored beads and 3/4 sleeves, and "canteloupe" colored Asics Gels.
2. What are you having for lunch (or dinner)? (another question from my first FF play.) I am having lunch at P.F. Chang's with my college boyfriend, Joe. Haven't seen him in many years. I'm excited!
3. Share an experience of community that was transformative or precious to you. My years at St. Francis Episcopal Church in College Station - singing in the music group, going to Star Trek parties, weekday contemplative Eucharist, working with youth. Being part of a community of Acts.
4. Describe your favorite mug or glass. I have a Tervis Tumbler on my desk with dragonflies and it says, "Live Simply / Love Generously / Care Deeply / Speak Kindly." I drink water out of it daily.
5. Give a shout out to a friend or colleague! I want to say HEY to Liz Moen, who lives close to me and who I miss a lot. We need to get together soon. For reals.