Friday Five: Oh! Christmas Tree!
Anne says at RevGals: It’s been a week of wrangling with the Christmas tree at our house. Multiple strands of new lights were strung carefully on the tree for big impact, but here and there malfunctions and blackouts occurred. On the third day we still don’t have fully functional lights, which is problematic mostly because until that is resolved, nothing else goes on the tree.
In light of that (no pun intended) I thought The Christmas Tree might be a good launch pad for today’s FF. So…
1) Real tree, or “fake?” Fake, always. My mom is allergic to real trees, and so I grew up with a fake one. My first years in the dorm I bought small real trees, and learned that I am allergic, too!
2) White or colored lights? Colored. Or a mixture.
3) When do you put up and take down your tree? Ideally, Thanksgiving weekend (but didn't make that this year) and take down, ideally, at New Year's. Being away visiting sometimes interferes with the ideal. One year it was up until February/March. Ugh.
4) Tell us about your favorite ornament (share a picture, if you can). Ornaments made by my grandmother. That will have to wait for later...you need to see pictures.
5) What goes on the top of your tree (again, share a photo, if possible)? A star made of sticks and glue that I created in grad school.