Deb says at RevGals:
Trunk or Treat.
All Hallows Eve.
Call it what you want, there’s plenty of holiday love for sweet treats on October 31st. (Consider this your one week warm-up.)
Ain’t gonna lie… Even though there are no Trick-or-Treaters in our home, I still eye the candy aisle with undisguised lust.
What shall it be? Can I resist? Maybe you have a craving for a little something from time to time… join me for this week’s Friday Five!
1. First, Sweet or Salty? Or both? Describe that gotta-have-it treat. (It can be healthy or paleo-friendly, or decadent. We won’t judge!) If we are talking Halloween candy, I want Heath Bars, KitKats, and Twix. Crunchy and sweet.
2. Self-control: How do you help yourself stay strong with the temptation of All That Sugar? Don't buy it. I just don't. We don't have trick or treaters in our area much, and I don't decorate for Halloween. That night we turn the porch light off or go out.
3. Have you successfully cut (or decreased) sugar out of your diet? How did you do it? Really, cold turkey. If I start with sugar, I don't stop, so I just mostly don't eat it. It doesn't make me feel good.
4. What’s one sweet you won’t do without. Ever. I know this is not candy, but I love fresh raspberries and mangoes. I buy them ready to eat (an extravagance) but it's worth it.
5. Just for fun: if you were a candy bar, which one would you be? I'd be a great big Reese's Peanut Butter Cup
BONUS: Share a recipe or tip that uses up the leftover sweets at your house.
Take it to work and put it in the break room. It disappears like magic!