Karla says at RevGals: Happy Random Friday Five, dear RGBP-ers!
I hope this Friday Five finds you happily wandering through these deep long twilight days with a reasonable amount of hustle, bustle and peace in between. Knowing however, that this can also be a jam-packed or stressful time, my first FF question is:
1. How are you? How can we pray for you? Thanks for asking. I've been sick with a sinus infection since last Monday. I finally broke down and went to the dr. on Tuesday for antibiotics, but it's taking a long time to break free of this one. Please pray for continued healing and patience.
2. On another level, I am sure that many of you have treasured Christmas ornaments. Tell us about one of your more treasured, and why it is special. My Memamma used to make gorgeous ornaments, satin-covered balls that she would adorn with mirrors, lace, pearls, and beads. My mom had several that I have adored all my life. In addition, when we were in elementary school each year Meme would send an ornament to give to each of our teachers, packed carefully with paper towels in a recycled margarine tub. Great memories. I have some of those ornaments now, and the mostest beautiful one is dusty pink, with mirrors shaped like crescent moons and surrounded by pearls. Will add a photo.
3. Since I have started in a new call in a new city, I have a new guilty pleasure called Shubies which is a store of wine, cheese, craft beer, gourmet foods, fun kitchen gadgets and more, besides a bakery/lunch counter. I am currently enjoying an (overpriced) kale-avocado-goat cheese pressed sandwich on cranberry sunflower seed wheat bread. O.M.GOODNESS. What is one of your current guilty pleasures? Will have to keep thinking on this!
4. I picked up a beautiful hank of handspun wool in heather grays and purples in October that I am sending my sister for her birthday this month. I have been looking forward to giving it to her. What is something (tangible or less tangible) you are looking forward to give in the next few weeks? I am so insanely excited to be traveling to Houston for a long weekend at the end of next week. My oldest sister and brother live there, with one of my nieces, and my mom, dad, and younger sister and I are all going to visit them, along with THEIR visitors, the nieces and nephews who have my parents' (so far) three great-grandchildren. One of these little ones we have met; two were born in November of last year and we have not. Being with that extended family, and also my nuclear family (one of them, I actually had two) will be a treasure.
5. We must have random words for a random sentence or story, right? So, here are your words (or forms of) to use in a sentence or two: earth, cranberry, codfish, kettle corn, pitcher, love, joy, hope, peace, Santa, artist.
Will have to come back to this also.