As posted by me at RevGals:
So, no matter what the weather’s doing where you live, this time of year brings the beginning of school for most people. Unless you are in year round school, or homeschooling, or something else. :)
Many folks I know say the beginning of school makes them feel like a new beginning, even if they are not in school themselves or have kids there. In fact, I did a little math at the beginning of the week and determined that, based on my career in higher education and when I entered first grade, I am entering the 44th Grade this year.
So, for beginnings: Tell us five things that are new in your life, or that you would LIKE to have be new in your life. If that doesn’t work, how about things that you are ready to shed….to make room for new things? Opening your hands to release, to see what God might put into them?
Something shiny and new…
1. I'm in a new office, for the next year that is. Then, at the beginning of Fall 2015, we will move to a new building and I'll have another new office. It's a good thing, actually: it gets things cleaned out!
2. I have a new granddaughter (well, I think 4 months old counts as pretty new still). Here is Nash with her daddy.
3. I'm getting a new car...it's a 2000 Buick Park Avenue. I've never driven such a large vehicle, and going from a VW Beetle to this makes me a little nervous. But there are a lot of reasons why this is a good move and I'm looking forward to seeing it...today!
4. I would like to renew my commitment to healthy eating and exercise. REALLY. I would like to have that done and be in the middle of it. Getting started, that is the hard part! Any ideas are welcome.
5. I'm doing a study of Brian McLaren's book, We Make the Road By Walking, meeting weekly with my friend Amy. Our first meeting was last night and it was splendid. This is going to be one heck of a 52 weeks!
So, what about you??????