Friday Five, as posted by Karla at RevGals:
1. Are you superstitious about anything? Like, lucky socks for competition, special necklace for preaching, etc.? I knock on wood when I say things I don't want to happen, and when the salt spills I always throw some over my left shoulder. Otherwise...no.
2. I'm going on vacation on Tuesday. I have never been so ready for vacation. What are you looking forward to? Getting new countertops in our kitchen on Monday! Of course, this weekend we have to remove everything from the lower cabinets and drawers and tear out the old countertop (the tearout is really my hub's thing). Then, the new counters on Monday...and then we have to figure out what to do with the 40 year old cabinets (awful) and the walls. :) The Never-Ending Story, home improvement!
3. There is a lot going on in sports right now--World Cup, Basketball finals, and much more. If your life were a sport, what would it be, and why? Competitive hammock sleeping.Speed reading. I don't do sports.
4. Hey! Remember orange push-up ice cream treats? What happened to them? What is one of your favorite summer treats? Ice cream sandwich, popsicles, frozen grapes, fruit pizza, DQ Dilly Bar, etc.? I loved those push-ups in elementary school! I love cold watermelon and home-grown tomatoes warm from the sun.
5. So there is this thing called "Listserve" that picks one random person per day to write an email to like a million people world-wide. It's pretty cool. Some people make music suggestions, offer sage advice, or plug their latest interest/project. If you could write a note to a million people around the world, what would you say? I would say, Hey People! Reach out to just one other unknown person today, and really listen to what they have to say. Learn their name. You can do it with the checker at the grocery store. The guy at work you only see in the hall. If all of us did this, and then all of THEM did it, and they told two friends, and THEY each told two friends...we would start to rebuild civil and caring community in the world. Give it a go.
Have fun, let us know you played, and take care of yourselves!