From RevKarla at RevGals: Happy Friday, dear friends!
I am feeling all in the moment, or at least the past few days moment, so our random FF is focused on the last couple of days (or week, or however you want to interpret this….)
So, without further ado….
1. What is the best thing you have had to eat in the last couple of days? My coworker John brought me a salmon croquette he made last night. It reminded me of my grandmother, and it was a delicious and protein-rich breakfast on a day when I "forgot" to eat one. :)
2. What is the topic/subject of the best thing you have read in the last couple of days? It would have to be "One Weird Old Trick to Undermine the Patriarchy." Go, read! Rejoice!!
3. Who would you like to give a shout out to that has been in your life the last couple of days? It would have to be my dear husband, with whom I have had some important conversations...the kind that most people shy away from. And with whom I am more and more myself (doesn't that feel good!) I think maybe he is finding the same thing. He is now on a motorcycle trip and I am delighted for him.
4. How have you practiced self-care in the last couple of days? Hum. Well, I've started taking some supplements to help with night sweats. While they don't seem to be doing much (so far), I am now having and remembering lots and lots of vivid dreams. Taking some time to sit with those, after waking up, feels like self-care.
Also, I am now a devotee of the Egoscue Method for stopping chronic pain. I have the video and do a quick workout most mornings, and it is revolutionizing my hip and leg pain, my movement ability, and my faith that I can improve and heal my posture and my body function. Pretty great feeingm at age 48 and with a lot more moving that I want to do in my life.
5. Use the following words in a sentence: couple, shutter, smile, pillow, groan, skip, baby elephant, red shoes. I'll come back to this. Maybe.