Because there is far too little of it, for clergy in general and clergy women in particular, today I want to focus on affirming what we do well. Let’s practice giving ourselves complements, and—gasp!—accepting them with grace! It may be challenging, but I promise it won’t hurt.
List five super powers that you use in your vocational life. This isn’t bragging. It’s naming the light that shines from your lamp stand. Go!
- I have a gift for finding things on the web. I always say, if I had a superpower, that would be it. (That's where I found my hubby, you know.)
- I am a good listener and reflecter-back. At least that's what I hear.
- I am very good at seeing both sides of a story. This is a gift unless you want me to angrily take a side with you, and I am not necessarily going to do that. :)
- I love, LOVE, my friends and family. Don't mess with them, because then I won't see ANY other side of the story, and you better watch out.
- I am a CRAZY fast reader.