Karla says at RevGals: oh my, I have really lost track of time!
but I won’t get into THAT now, because what you really need is an extreme random Friday Five, so here goes it:
1. How are you? What’s up with you? Thanks for asking! I am doing well. It's been a hard and shocking week, with the death of the husband of a dear friend and colleague. I attended the Rosary and the funeral Mass. Dan was a committed Christian and his family takes comfort in knowing that he is in the company of saints where he looked forward to being. The dividend of something like this is that it brings together people from all over the country who loved Dan and Olga and wanted to share what his life had meant to them. Last night I got to go out to dinner with five special colleagues (who are now mostly former colleagues)
The photo is so blurry because it is the bad one...the one that would normally be discarded...but in the other one, two of us (including me) have demonic white eyes, and I seem to have my tongue over my front teeth, making it look like I am missing those teeth. This was good for much hilarity, but not so much for sharing a photo. Grateful that THIS is the one that was shared on Facebook!!
2. Last Saturday, I went to the outlet store and stocked up on underwear for the year. I love a bunch of new fresh underdrawers! I also love a cabinet full of paper towels. What silly thing makes you happy? An ample supply of toilet paper. Drives me CRAZY to be low on it.
3. Give a shout out to someone you love, appreciate, or want to thank! I appreciate my friend Valerie, who has been stalwart all the years I have known her, but especially lately, as I am alternately excited and scared about things.
4. Miss Kansas has the Serenity Prayer tattooed on the side of her body. I sadly do not have a tattoo, and maybe you do, but if you were going to get a prayer tattooed on the side of your body, what would it be? I don't have a tattoo, and will not get a permanent one (airbrush ones, different story). But if I were going to get one, it would say, "Listen." A prayer, a call to prayer, a way of prayer.
5. Use some or all or a form of the following words in a sentence: jello, kittens, mercy, dump-truck, tabuleh, terror, skipping, monkey, Rev. , health, and snoring.
I live in terror that tabuleh will be found bad for my health and jello, good.
I am off to interview for a dog-walking job. When I am back, I will look forward to reading your randomness!
Happy Dog walking!!