Whoosh! My calendar is packed. And June is almost gone! There's the old saying, "Bad luck comes in threes" but I've decided that "Busy-ness comes in fives!" So this week we'll take things five-at-a-time. Tell me:
1. Five flowers you'd like in a bouquet or in your garden:
2. Five books you want to read (or re-read): All of Edward Eager (the Half-Magic Books). All of Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle (currently rereading). Chasing the Divine in the Holy Land by Ruth Everhart (which I have and have not started). To Dance with the White Dog, by Terry Kay. The Darling Dahlias and the Texas Star, by Susan Wittig Albert.
3. Five places you want to visit: Mechanicsburg, PA. St. Teresa Beach, FL. Mount Rushmore. Seattle, WA. Galveston, TX.
4. Five people you'd invite for tea/coffee/beer and pizza: Deb in Narnia; Mrs. M.; Ellen P. (LutheranChik); Elsie in Washington; Laura L. in St. Louis/South Dakota; Helen M. in VA. All are people I have not met besides online (or just barely) but with whom I feel an exceptional connection.
5. Five chores or tasks you'd gladly give to someone else: Sweeping and mopping floors, UGH! Decluttering. Filing. Cleaning the (unused) upstairs of my house. Decluttering...I hate it that much.
BONUS: A five ingredient recipe! (This is harder than it sounds!)
Black Beans and Rice Yummy - Serves 4
1 can (15 oz) Rosarita Refried Beans, Green Chile & Lime
1 cup cooked brown rice
4 T crumbled feta cheese (optional)
4 T reduced-fat sour cream (optional)
4 T picante sauce (optional)
Heat the beans and rice together. Add the other items as you wish. If you add 1 T of the optionals, the Weight Watchers points come out to 6. A filling one-dish meal (or as I call it, a "single girl special")! I like it with a big salad.