Thank goodness something reminded me, but my apologies for the late
post. I have been busy getting ready for Blizzard Nemo (really, 24
inches in Boston? Why on earth don't I have a snow blower???) and
pondering life transitions--oh, but enough about me.
Be safe and warm, Karla!!
How about you?
1) What is sneaking up on you, and what have you been thinking about? I want and need to go visit my parents. I was going to do it next weekend but now something has gotten slotted in there. I must put a weekend on the calendar so that cannot happen again...or it will keep sneaking and getting put off.
Oh...and I put out the last of the sunflower seeds for Mr. Squirrel yesterday, and I am thinking he is going to sneak up on the windowsill any time and look INQUIRING. And importunate. And hungry.
2) What will you have for lunch today? Almost certainly a salad with feta cheese, chopped rotisserie chicken, and whatever else I can find to go on it. It's my go-to lunch.
3) If you were to get snowed in for two days, and you need to hunker down, what essentials and treats would you store up? Sandwich stuff for Ken. Black beans/lentils and rice for me. Chips & salsa & guacamole. Dog treats for sure (we love Yummy Chummies!). And for human libations, I would make a big batch of The Recipe. This is a secret, legendary mixture to which our local newspaper columnist of many years (recently retired) has been referring forever, and she has finally released the recipe on her blog. You saw it here first!!
4) Tell me a story about one awesome thing you have experienced in the last couple of weeks. Well, it seems too easy to say the Big Event...which is in its own category of awesome.
On the first night of the cruise, as I was lying in bed drifting off, I had the very clear thought: "This is where I come every year to remember who I am." So I will say: coming home from the Big Event with a newly cleared mind, a renewed sense of who I am, and new gratitude for the people in my daily life and in my virtual life, too.
5) What is your favorite office supply to splurge on? (now THAT is random, right?) - Markers and pens. Ooh! I have so many markers I do not need ONE MORE but I just love them. Sharpies, watercolor markers, slimline markers...my latest jones is for the Sharpie Brush Tip collection.