Admittedly the media attention directed at a certain wedding is a tad askew given the challenges our world faces, yet for some it is an appreciated diversion. I'm at kathrynzj's house, along with her mom and sister, for a pre-dawn pajama party complete with scones! And while the DVR will cover us if we oversleep, the participants in the actual wedding had better have someone to get them to the church on time.
With kathrynzj's help, here is a Royal Wedding Friday Five:
1) Will you be watching? If so, is this your first royal wedding? I did not get up early to watch, but we had a Royal Wedding breakfast party this morning at work, so I've seen a good bit of it. And I did DVR the thing so I can watch/listen to the music later on.
Not my first...that was Charles and Diana's wedding. I was 16 and ever so impressed and impressionable. Watching the footage of them together on their wedding day now, those memories are dulled and tarnished by how unhappy they were from the very beginning...as we are all now aware. Tragic.
2) The bride has chosen as her wedding cake a fruitcake. Where do you stand on this pastry?
I stand as far away from fruitcake as possible!
3) The dress code for royal weddings has not seen the same sad decline as that for most other weddings. If you could design your own royal wedding hat, what color would it be and what special decoration would it feature? I am wearing a straw hat today that I bought on a cruise ship in the $10 store. It was great against the sun at Tulum; today it sports ruffly white satin ribbon and three stems of white silk wisteria as well.
4) Any chance the Archbishop of Canterbury is using a Sustainable Sermon (tip of the mitre to the Vicar of Hogsmeade)? What would you tell the couple were you offering the homily? Get away from all these people!
5) Believe it or not, kathrynzj is getting up early mostly to see the wedding dress. By the time this post is up, the world will have seen it. Did you like it? What I saw was nice. I look forward to hearing the music later on. However, I am a famous disliker of big weddings.