Singing Owl says at RevGals: The picture is of my back deck after the first heavy snow last winter. I am looking at the weather forecast with a sigh of resignation. You see, our glorious unseasonable stretch of sunny days is ending and rain mixed with snow is in the forecast. The weather guy actually said, "This is probably the last nice day till spring, folks..." So, I am trying to plan ahead. Help me out, please.
When it is cold outside:
1. What is your favorite movie for watching when curled up under a wooly blanket? Chitty Chitty Bang Bang...which is very, very long. Or Rocky Horror Picture Show. Or something else.
2. Likewise, what book? Harry Potter, or Susan Howatch's Church of England Books. Or whatever I have from the library.
3. What foods do you tend to cook/eat when it gets cold? Mjeddrah...pumpkin soup...eggnog (homemade because my husband is allergic to nutmeg which is in all commercially available brands). Chili. Vegetarian chili. Tamale Goulash.
4. What do you like to do if you get a "snow day" (or if you don't get snow days, what if you did)? Stay in bed! Watch movies, read books, eat food, nap.
5. Do you like winter sports or outdoor activities, or are you more likely to be inside playing a board game? Do you have a favorite (indoors or out)? We don't have winter sports here. Just regular sports done in the cold. And I'm not a big sports person. We also don't play a lot of board games at my house, but Aggravation (on a board made by my Bigdaddy) or Five Crowns are good.