* That's how the Yats say it...the folks from deep in the heart of N'Awlins. One of my best friends in grad school married a fellow from Metairie. Boy, could he make a fried shrimp po-boy. He's a very distinguished business professor now. :)
* It's 9 pm, and I'm cooking a vegetable stew and roasting parsnips. And oh, how I want to go to sleep. But you will stay up with me, won't you?
* Cleanse update: I am very aware of my skin. It's not really itchy or uncomfortable...but I know it's there. :) I was also in a maniacally good mood yesterday and today, despite a low-grade headache. All to be expected. Interesting though.
* I got to Jazzercise today for the first time in forever. Taking it easy to start with (what's that!?)
and speaking of which,
* Who Dat?!
* Well, since I didn't watch the Super Bowl nor the Puppy Bowl...I guess Dat ain't me.
* Instead I finished one of the most amazing books I have read in a long time: What I Thought I Knew, by Alice Eve Cohen. I insist that you all read this book as soon as possible; but I warn you, it is NOT an easy read. It has to do with the right to choose, and what happens when your life implodes. Here's a teaser:
By turns black comedy, Kafkaesque nightmare, medical mystery, and crisis of faith, What I Thought I Knew is ultimately a love story. Blessed with a witty, unsentimental, utterly human voice, Alice Eve Cohen has taken what might have been a personal catastrophe and turned it into a memoir of astonishing candor. –Donald Margulies, author of Dinner with Friends, winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Drama
* We are having yet another rainstorm, and colder weather is on the way. Check this out, from Weather.com, referring to what we may expect Thursday night:
WHILE THERE IS
STILL SOME UNCERTAINTY AS TO THE SPEED AND TRACK OF THE EVOLVING
SYSTEM...WHICH COULD SIGNIFICANTLY AFFECT THE THERMAL PROFILE
FAVORABLE FOR SNOW PRODUCTION...OVERALL CONFIDENCE IN THIS STORM
SYSTEM IS INCREASING.
What the fool does that mean? "Boy, I'm feeling great about that storm system! I'm feeling better about it all the time!" The folks around here pining for a snow day might say that, but the weather folks?!
* No, I didn't forget: the parsnips are done. The kale in that stew is fighting me on being done.
* Facebook, facebook facebook...I finally got the new look...whatever...
* drinking a protein shake to keep from falling out...thanks for the reminder, Laura!
* What Alice in Wonderland character am I? The Mad Hatter.
* Aha! The stew, she is in the fridge. The me, I am in the bed. Sweet dreams, peeps!