Songbird says at RevGals: It's been two weeks of snow, or not enough snow, of heartbreak before the action even began, of snowboards and skis and skates, of joy and sorrow. At our house, we've stayed up too late, and we don't even watch sports any other time!
I watched the Opening Ceremonies though I usually watch no Olympics, because the Knitting Olympics called for it. Mistake: the video of the death of the luger caused me to switch channels quickly, and I haven't gone back. So these answers are a little lame...
1) Which of the Winter Olympic sports is your favorite to watch? Don't watch any of them.
2) Some of the uniforms have attracted attention this year, such as the US Snowboarders' pseudo-flannel shirts
Who do you think had the best-looking uniforms? I'm particularly fond of those Norwegian curling trousers. I believe there's a FB fan group for them.
3) And Curling. Really? What's up with that? No idea....
4) Define Nordic Combined. Don't look it up. Take a guess if you must. First you strip a whale of its blubber. Then you declaim a chapter of Kristin Lavransdatter. Then you get Swedish Fish candies to fry in the blubber. You round it all off by throwing a pan of Danish at your opponent. The one who complete this first and in the grandest style is the winner.
(There will be a prize for the best answer, but be aware, this is a judged sport.)
5) If you could be a Winter Olympics Champion just by wishing for it, which sport would you choose for winning your Gold Medal? oh, ice dancing!