I'm "considering myself tagged" by Songbird. And playing it now because I need a break.
1.) What first tells you that Summer is here? Mosquitoes.
2.) Name five of your favorite distinctively Summer habits or customs.
- Polished toenails...not always professionally/well but always colored
- Choir does not robe during summer; loft is too hot
- Thursday Night Twilight Tunes on Courthouse Square...take the dogs & cooler
- County Farmer's Market on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
- Cooking out with friends in side yard
3.) What is your favorite smell of Summer?
The beach, and cut grass
4.) What is your favorite taste of Summer?
5.) Favorite Summer memory?
Taking Ken and Brandon to meet my parents at the beach (in Florida) three weeks after I met them. I knew they were the ones for me.
6.) Extreme heat or extreme cold? Which would you choose and why?
Extreme heat. With a freezer with lots of popsicles in it.
7.) What books do you plan to read for the season?
Everything that doesn't read me first, including Christ the Lord: The Road to Cana, by Anne Rice, and World Without End, by Ken Follett.
8.) How does the Summer affect your faith? Is it a hindrance or an ally?
Hum. This is a funny question. I like the long slow season of Ordinary Time: I am ready this year for some real reflection and time to be still, without all the jumping around and festivalling. I'm hoping to try some new things at church too. So, an ally.