Hello from your Fifth Friday Five team, will smama and Songbird~
It's Leap Day!! Whether you're one of the special few who have a birthday only once every four years, or simply confused by the extra day on the calendar, everyone is welcome to join in and play our Leap Year Friday Five.
Tell us about a time you:
1. Leapt before looked: I cannot remember a time. I am VERY VERY VERY cautious. Too much so, probably.
2. Leapt to a conclusion: Apparently, daily, with my husband. We communicate very differently and it is an ongoing process for me to stop assuming what he meant when he says things. I think this might be kind of the way a lot of men are, but mostly it's really the way he is. And, uh, the way I am. :)
3. Took a Leap of Faith: Moving here 11 years ago. I had no thought of leaving my secure little spot in College Station, and certainly not my wonderful church home (which was SO literally a home.) And out of the blue came this phone call, "We have a job you might be interested in applying for."
4. Took a literal Leap: The zipline rides through the Costa Rican cloud forest during our Christmas trip. Oh, great heavenly day! What were we thinking!?
5. And finally, what might you be faced with leaping in the coming year? Dang, I don't know! That's probably a good thing. I don't have any big changes coming that I KNOW of. Except, oh, turning 43; having an 18-year-old start college (I h0pe); serving my first vestry term at this church; trying to continue to leap to healthier ways of living...