Dadgummit. I was looking for something cheering before coming over here to grump...so I went to Mindy's place because Mindy always lightens my heart. If I were going to have a daughter (which I'm not) I think I'd name her Mindy because I just love Mindy, Princess of Everything.
And she said this in her last post: "Mary Beth is right, this is going to be an awesome year."
And of course I was right, but now I can't really grump, can I? It IS an awesome year. So instead of grouching, I'll do a grouchy thankfulness list. Here goes.
- I and the people I love the most are healthy and well.
- I am teaching a teenager to drive (!!!!), but I'm grateful that I have one to do that with. Several of his school friends took out a parent's car about five years ago...unlicensed, without permission, and with a bunch of beer in the car. Half of them were killed and the rest damaged for life in various ways, along with their families, friends, and the community at large.
- My church rocks, largely because my God rocks. WooHoo God!
- It didn't get icy last night after all. Of course, I cancelled the Daughters of the King meeting just in case, and now I feel like an enormous dope, but at least my ladies stayed safe and warm. I hope!
- It is probably going to get icy again this weekend (we have had 2 ice days so far this week!) but that's what it's spose to do this time of year. And I do have a warm house to stay in and I am working on a warm knitted hat for ME for when I have to go out of it. If I finish it, I'll post a picture here.
- I have a job I really love despite those turkeys.
Y'all have a great day. Friday Five to appear soon.