Jan says at RevGals This was the first Nativity scene I ever had. My cousin Margaret sent it to me from France when I was in first grade. I still put it out every year, a tradition I love. (Notice how Mary is holding baby Jesus!)
For today’s Friday Five, choose any five things about this upcoming Christmas that comes to mind, such as memories, traditions, plans, worries, whatever you wish. Add a favorite recipe, song, or tradition that you would like to share as the bonus category.
1) our Nativity scene this year looks like this:
Baby Nash is 8 months old and practically perfect in every way.
2. Christmas Eve I will acolyte at the 10:30 pm Eucharist
3. Christmas Day we will get together with Nash and her parents midday to go to lunch at a local place with big Christmas displays. They have lots of activities for older kids...making gingerbread houses, story time with Mrs. Claus...but given her age and the fact that Santa was pretty scary for her, this year we will just enjoy being together.
4. After Christmas I will go to my parents' and help them pack for moving.
5. I am getting a big big gift, but it doesn't come until after Christmas! Watch this space. :)